With the new head unit able to be in the truck, I had to test the speed. With mobile hotspot I was about to get over 7.7Mbps, with the home wifi it was pulling only 2.3 Mbps. I will try again after doing some tweaking or driving to town.
I added a backup camera to the rear bumper… with no way to view the camera. It was time to upgrade the stereo. The factory stereo was double-din, which would be perfect space for a 7″ touchscreen head unit.
Not completely finished but this is where I am. the unit is in, and working without audio output or camera input.
You can see the GPS test running on the new head unit. For better bluetooth and wifi I opted to move the antennas.
You can see the two antennas on the console where I added two speakers for the amteur radio. Not as good as a roof mounted wifi antenna, but better than being hidden behind the dash.
My girl was standing “sitting” on guard. She likes the new arbor. Lot of smells and sounds to take in. She loves it