With the new head unit able to be in the truck, I had to test the speed. With mobile hotspot I was about to get over 7.7Mbps, with the home wifi it was pulling only 2.3 Mbps. I will try again after doing some tweaking or driving to town.
I added a backup camera to the rear bumper… with no way to view the camera. It was time to upgrade the stereo. The factory stereo was double-din, which would be perfect space for a 7″ touchscreen head unit.
Not completely finished but this is where I am. the unit is in, and working without audio output or camera input.
You can see the GPS test running on the new head unit. For better bluetooth and wifi I opted to move the antennas.
You can see the two antennas on the console where I added two speakers for the amteur radio. Not as good as a roof mounted wifi antenna, but better than being hidden behind the dash.
With dual batteries, I thought it was important to be able to monitor them both. Picked up this round dual voltmeter for panel install. You can see I have it installed it where there could be a factory accessory that the truck wasn’t equipped with. Was hoping it will keep it clean looking.
I upload another once it is installed and wired to the batteries.